[3830] SS CW N5WR(@AB4GG) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 8 07:56:35 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N5WR
Operator(s): N5WR
Station: AB4GG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: TN

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Great contest with excellent conditions on 80 meters which was definitely the
money band from here. Basically went from running on 20 to 80 on Sat night as
40 had already gone long by the time I got there. First time using the new
SteppIR, the 180 degree feature is pretty cool and I used it several times. 15
was open but only to California so didn't spend much time there. Everyone
seemed loud on 80. All low band QSOs were made on Inverted Vs at 70'.

Got off to a slow start with only 40 Qs in the first hour because I had set up
my N1MM macros wrong. I had the serial number in the wrong function key, forgot
to change the station call to my call, and had several QLF exchanges until I
figured out the problem. I recovered though and everything worked well the rest
of the contest. Had the sweep before I went the bed the first night.

Thanks again to Kenny and Kathy for letting me operate and keeping me well
fed.

73, Erik N5WR