[3830] SS CW N5DO Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 8 09:10:15 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N5DO
Operator(s): N5DO
Station: N5DO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WTX

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I was amazed at how well I was able to do on 80M where I have only a very
ordinary inverted vee with the apex at about 50 feet.  My new SteppIR DB18
worked well on 40M on Saturday night, but the band went away quickly.  The
major shortcoming I had was no ability to do SO2R.  On Sunday that was very
noticable; to somewhat simulate SO2R I alternated between periods of attempting
to run, and when that slowed down (to a point where I would call CQ for several
minutes with no responses) I would S&P up or down the band.
But I was not able to do both at the same time.  By next year I plan to have my
SO2R capability back again.