[3830] SS CW K5KG(@N0UD) Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 8 11:26:55 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: N0UD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ND
Operating Time (hrs): 23:58

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This operation was made possible due to the gracious ND hospitality of Mark,
WB0OAJ/N0UD, and his family. They live in Dickinson in western ND.  Wx during
the weekend was excellent, with daytime temps reaching into the 60's and clear
blue skys.

The stn was a barefoot K3, and a laptop.  Antennas: two triband yagis on
separate 40 ft. towers, 40/80 dipole, R7000 vertical, 600 ft. beverage, and an
amazing 1,000 ft. loop.  The loop far outperformed the dipole on 40 & 80.  80 &
40 were very extremely quiet, and were the money bands throughout the night and
long into Sunday morning light.  20, of course, was the daytime money band.
With the two tribanders connected to a StackMatch, I was able to spray RF both
east and west.

The results of this operation may beat a long-standing low power ND record set
by WB0O back in 1992.  The 987 Q's that we made may beat the record by some 57
Q's.

Thanks to everyone for the Q's and the rare mults.  Last mult for the sweep was
ME, and that was on Sunday morning.  Only NL was VO1BZM, and the first PAC was
Dave, KH2/N2NL.

73, George, K5KG