[3830] SS CW N8TR(K8MR) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 8 11:57:42 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N8TR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: N8TR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Once again this was the first stop on my four station SS tour.

Missed NE, MB, SK, NT, PAC, and PR.

We had some reports of choppy CW on the relatively new K3 which was the 40
meter radio. We spent a few moments listening on the other K3, and indeed it
did not sound good even the sidetone on the affected radio was normal. TR did
some checking in the K3 manual and found an software adjustment (Transmit delay
or something like that) which was at its maximum value vs. the warning to not
set it too high. I think that was able to solve the problem. This must have
been the RF version of the old saw of to err is human, to really screw up
requires a computer.

Otherwise things played well, and a good time was had for our first six hours
of SS.

73  -   Jim  K8MR