[3830] SS CW K8MR Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 8 12:13:09 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Stop three on my annual CW SS tour. Home has often been a very successful stop,
but things never really clicked this year. I did not seem to have the usual
crazy (but fun) packet pileups of other years. Missed WY, NE, VE2-4-5-6-8, and
PR.

But to make up for those misses, I did work NL twice. I found a lonely VO1BZM
on 40 meters mid day, and then a bit later heard VO1TA on 15 with a big signal
and a big pileup. Said what the heck, dumped in one call with the beam pointed
west, and he came back.

73  -   Jim  K8MR