[3830] SS CW W5RU(@KN5O) Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 8 17:54:36 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W5RU
Operator(s): KN5O K1DW AD5W N5HZ W5RY
Station: KN5O

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Covington, LA

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

We had a great time.. Had two new OPs to contesting join us (Jim, N5HZ and Russ,
AD5W) for the weekend.. We had plenty to eat and drink and the XYL accommodated
us in fine style.  Since the weather was great, noise on 80 was realtively low
and the new 80M phased array seemed to play well.  No real equipment issues and
N1MM had virtually no hiccups.

Since we did not operate SSCW from here in 2009, no real sense of comparison
from year-to-year.  But certainly a better effort than we could muster in 2008.
 Still looking for more Ops in case anyone would like to join for the future.

Re band conditions: 15M for us just isn't that great for the USA.  Other than
catching a needed distant mult, we focused on 20/40/80.. In fact, we almost had
an equal distribution of contacts across those three bands..

Thanks to all for the contacts and we'll see you in SS SSB in a couple of
weeks.

73,
Ted, KN5O

For Team W5RU (Dallas K1DW, Jim N5HZ, Russ AD5W, Greg W5RY, Ted KN5O)