[3830] SS CW K6NV SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 8 20:36:07 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6NV
Operator(s): K6NV
Station: K6NV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Truckee, CA

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Almost didn't enter this year.  Glad I did but did not do the full 24hr.  15m
was my money band, I felt loud, noise very low, easy to pick out the weak ones.
 I was sweating the sweep Sunday morning when I was missing SC, PR, VI and the
PAC.  But got them all on 15m, only had to chase down PR on 20m.  Sat night was
great on 80m, low noise and I was able to maintain good runs. I generated
several mini pileups, still have a hard time sorting out zero beat signals.
Keeping the speed between 26 and 29 wpm seems to work best.  Some of the local
bay area and Sac Valley NCCCers were extremely loud Sun afternoon on 80m, to
the point I had to ask for repeats, I hope I was that loud also.

Line up:
FT-1000MP w/ roofing filter
MicroHam CW Keyer USB interface
AL-80b at 700-850 watts
TH-3 up 60' or so
40m dipole up 70' plus some
80m vertical wire/ground plane (primarily used this ant on 80m)
80m inverted vee up 60'