[3830] SS CW K8BL Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 8 21:24:38 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K8BL
Operator(s): K8BL
Station: K8BL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Found condx quite good for the Contest. However, they were too good sometimes
when some European Contesters were QRM'ing some of my domestic QSO's on 40M!
Was happy to work a VY1 within the first hour and a half. I'm usually sweating
that one out until Sunday aftn. Fortunately, I had 79 Sections wkd by the time
I hit the sack at 3AM local time and only needed VE4 which I finally found
about Noon. I can't figure out why KP4 is so rare lately in SS when there have
been several very active KP2 operations. SS-CW is my favorite Contest by far
and I've been doing it for over 40 years, but getting to be an Old Timer is
making it tough to hang in there for the full 24 hour stint! Murphy must have
decided to give me a break this year since he didn't throw me any radio or
computer problems for a change.