[3830] CQWW SSB OH2BH(OH6UM) SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 16 08:52:51 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH2BH
Operator(s): OH6UM
Station: OH2BH

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Pusula

  160:  138     7       36
   80:  450    13       66
   40:  488    23       88
   20:  524    28       74
   15:  488    31      102
   10:  104    16       45

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

My season of new contesting experiences continued.  With my first ever RTTY
contest (CQWW RTTY @OH8X M/S) still quite fresh in my mind "it was time" to
finally do CQWW SOAB in Low Power category, the first time ever for me.

I knew it was going to be quite different with Low Power, but it was much more
different than I had expected - not only mentally, but also physically.  More
or less constant Search & Pouncing "with both hands" (SO2R) throughout the
whole weekend seem to take quite a lot of energy.  (Busy preceding week at work
also took its toll.)

With a few extra naps I somehow struggled through the evenings and nights
anyway, and finally I am quite satisfied especially with my low band results.
On higher bands things went much smoother during the days - except on 20m,
which was very challenging, and reminded me of 40m SSB when we Europeans were
stuck below 7100...  How full can a band get?  For a LP station 20m was close
to a nightmare during the daylight hours.  Luckily 15m was pretty nice and even
10m produced decent amount of mults for me.

In the end I'm happy with my score, which tops the OH national CQWW SSB SOAB LP
record (from 2001) by a hopefully sufficient +15% margin.  I had my tough
moments during the contest, but what a nice SO2R S&P practice this was!  I may
well be back! :)

BIG TNX to Martti OH2BH for giving me this operating opportunity.

73 es CU in CQWW CW @OH8X !

de Pasi OH6UM/OH2IW