[3830] EPC PSK63 OH1F(OH1NOA) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 21 11:17:04 PST 2010

                    EPC PSK63 QSO Party

Call: OH1F
Operator(s): OH1NOA
Station: OH1AF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Pori

Total:  269   246  Total Score = 308,238

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

My first PSK-contest ever. Actually before this contest I had never worked a
single PSK-qso and had no clue how to operate on PSK. For sure it helps that I
have tried a lot of other things in ham radio, so I am not too shy to jump in
to the unknown :)
The first problem was a software. The plan was to work with MMVARI and then
real time log to one certain "general log program". Well, after 7 qsos I found
out that this software allowed only 4 digits for exchange :P Finally I just
worked with PSK-software and typed QSOs into Notepad - the most reliable
contest software ever. I also had some copying problems at the beginning, as I
wasn't sure what are the best settings of my rig for this mode. At the end had
almost 300 qsos - every time I was on the air, had a nice pileup (3 qsos in a
minute and typing by myself :)), so I estimate that some 800-900 qsos would
have been possible.

I am probably going to send my log as a checklog, no time to modify it to
Cabrillo form.

73 Timo OH1NOA

FT1000D + Microham Microkeyer II + MMVARI + antennae