[3830] SS SSB KC0W/M Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 21 11:58:51 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KC0W/M
Operator(s): KC0W
Station: KC0W/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: North Dakota
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  379  Sections = 68  Total Score = 1

NOT a very impressive showing...........The much ballyhooed needing of the
"rare" section of North Dakota just never quite happened in this test for me. I
thought I would get in some pretty good runs operating here from ND but it just
never happened. There must have been quite a few stations from the state taking
part in the 'test.

 Was off to a good start with just over 100 Q's in the first hour of the
contest. Everything pretty much fell apart soon after. Started off on 15 meters
which was wide open to the East coast. Went to 40 meters later which was just
JAMMED packed with stations. It was hard to find just a sliver of spectrum to
operate from on 40. The screwdriver antenna had a hard time finding resonance
for some reason on 40 meters. This has never happened before & I'm not sure
what the problem was. Perhaps it was the frigid temp of 3F in which the
screwdriver had a hard time raising & lowering?

 Made another 125+ Q's on Sunday morning on 20 meters but I just could NEVER
get a decent run going.

 I'm in the process of constructing a World Class contesting/DXing station here
in ND. All amateurs are welcome to stay & operate FOR FREE when the station goes
QRV. See my QRZ.com bio for the latest updates regarding the stations
construction.

Tom KC0W/m