[3830] SS SSB K4EU Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 21 16:41:27 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K4EU
Operator(s): K4EU
Station: K4EU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to Eric/VY1EI for kicking off the SS with his/my QSO #1 on 15m.
Excellent three hour run of 300+ Q's on 3614 Saturday night.  Never ventured
above 3700 -- no need to....  Good to have 10m open up Sunday afternoon and
decided to make a few Q's there.  Besides being accosted by someone on 3604 who
refused to identify himself --the guy was upset I would CQ on that freq when I
should be contesting above 3800 with all the other "crazies"-- I was attacked
by three or four stations on 28.400 who would not identify themselves while I
was CQ'ing.  They kept saying that 28.400 was reserved as the "calling
frequency."  I asked when did this happen and one responded "since 1929."
Interesting to encounter naysayers on 10m/ssb during a welcomed band opening.
Worked minimum two stations in each section except for #80, PR.....  Thanks for
the Q's - Lots of PVRC'ers in my log....  73....//Steve K4EU