[3830] SS SSB VA3DF Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 21 17:33:48 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VA3DF
Operator(s): VA3DF
Station: VA3DF

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I don't think I ever get a decent start in this contest - I swear I get windburn
from the guys going by me! Finally managed to get on track after about 30
minutes and played catch up from then on. Fortunately, my new best friend (80
Meters)treated me real nice and I managed a substantial amount of qsos on 80.
By Sunday morning, that was the only band that had a decent result so I went to
work on 40 and was rewarded with several extended runs.

Had several chats with friends who stopped by and in general, found the contest
to be most enjoyable.

Gotta love that new 80 m antenna (at least for NA contests, we'll see about DX
contests later this week). Bottom line is I worked until I passed last year's
score and packed it in - new high score for me and more mults than last year!
Thanks to everyone for all the qsos!

As usual, it's a jungle out there when you run qrp. The jungle is even worse
during a SSB contest for some reason.....?