[3830] SS SSB W3YY SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 21 18:00:05 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W3YY
Operator(s): W3YY
Station: W3YY

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I didn't plan to be on.  One of our grandkids had their first birthday party on
Saturday, but I got on late anyway.  Worked VE8 and a bunch of tough mults
almost immediately on 40, so decided to work a few more hours and try for the
sweep.  As has been noted, concentrating on a sweep is not a way to maximize
score, but if it's the only thing that's keeping you in the contest, that's
better than not participating at all.  EPA and WI (yes, Wisconsin) were among
the last 10 worked!  Final one was RI who responded to my QSO.  I had a
mini-ragchew with VY1EI when he noted our early QSO in the CW weekend (My QSO
#1 - His #2).  As always a fun event.