[3830] SS SSB K6NV SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 21 19:21:44 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6NV
Operator(s): K6NV
Station: K6NV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Truckee, CA

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was unable to plan much time for this contest, had family committments on and
off most of the weekend.  Received approx 24" of snow, had to take time to blow
the driveway twice and run into town once.  Surprised me that I was able to put
the 11 hours in

My yagi, on Sun would not go past 45 degrees, a ice incrusted element drooped
into a tree branch and would not allow the beam to turn, I could not power
through with the rotator, nor shake the ice off by shaking the tower with a guy
wire.  Tue when the storm passes I will go up and cut the branches off.  My 80m
ground plane vetical worked like a champ, had great runs Sat evening, felt
pretty loud, 80m was the $$$ band.  Spent a lot of time on 15m and 20m calling
CQ with no answers, 40m very difficult from here.  Not even close to a sweep,
knew i would not get one Saturday afternoon.  Lots of snow static noise the
whole weekend.

Line Up:

FT-1000MP
AL-80b