[3830] SS SSB NS6T SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 21 19:57:34 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NS6T
Operator(s): NS6T
Station: NS6T

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first serious SSB Sweepstakes effort, and I had unrealistic
expectations for my station. I raised my dipole 12 feet, built a new 80m
inverted-L, and borrowed an amplifier. It made a difference, but it wasn't
night and day.  The 80m inverted-L provided almost a quarter of the QSOs, so it
was big success.

Conditions Saturday were bad. I had to unplug and shutdown while a large
thunderstorm moved through Saturday night.  After the storm though, 80m was
very productive despite a relatively high noise level.