[3830] SS SSB KM6I(@AD6Z) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 21 21:07:49 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KM6I
Operator(s): KM6I
Station: AD6Z

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Los Gatos, CA

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Kevin AD6Z and I shared (simultaneously) his FB SO2R-capable station in the
Santa Cruz Mountains. Bandpass filters, etc. worked perfectly, and the only
inter-station QRM we had to deal with, other than some headphone RFI, was the
audio QRM, which was mostly solved by some creative engineering Kevin did using
2x4s, nails, and old blankets.

Murphy was successfully avoided - some lightning was seen, some thunder was
heard, some wind blew, but the storm seemed to miss us. The power blipped
twice, causing our computers to reboot, but otherwise, we were lucky, compared
to some others in California.