[3830] SS SSB KW7XX Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 21 23:28:19 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KW7XX
Operator(s): KW7XX
Station: KW7XX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Custer, WA

Equipment used: Yaesu FT-950
                Ameritron AL-811 @500w
                Multi Band Delta Loop
                WriteLog

Didn't have the time to fully participate in the contest this weekend. But, had
fun operating mostly search and pounce. I did have a few runs on 80m Saturday
night. However, using my modest setup it was hard to get any decent Q count
going.

I am new to contesting and this was the first that I have operated one by
myself. It was a great opportunity to learn a few things and sharpen my skills.
I also took some time to listen to some of the big guns and how they handle
runs. All things considered, I was happy with my results.

Thanks to all in the log. A special thanks to Paul W7IV, Don N7BT and Dick N7RO
for getting me interested in contesting and helping me along the way!!

-KW7XX