[3830] SS SSB K3TN SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 22 10:45:52 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MDC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Pretty much just an effort to sneak in some time to feed the PVRC score. K7SS
and several others I worked said to me: "Is everyone in MDC chained to their
operating chairs?? All I'm working is MDC!" So, I guess the turnout was pretty
good.

I operated "SO2RM1A" - Single Op 2 Radio, Manually-switched, 1 Antenna. I had
N1MM in SO2R mode with the K3 and ALS-600 in one logging window and the TS-850
and Titan 425 in the other entry window. However, I only have one antenna and a
manual switch from the rigs to the antenna. Turns out there is very little
advantage to this setup, and many opportunities to log QSOs in the wrong window
- I had tore-edit a bunch of QSOs when I realized I was logging on the wrong
band.

I got the sweep without really trying - I dutifully slogged it out on 40 and 80
to ring up QSOs for the club score total, but made a few sweeps up and down 10
and 15 when putouts started showing up, and worked some of the tough ones. I
had to work AA6YX twice for SF, after QSB got us on 10, and I had to make sure
I had an extra VO1 after someone started CQing on top of VO1TA before I was
sure
he got my info.

Nice to see all the CKs starting with 9's and 0's in SSB.