[3830] SS SSB N6BM Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 22 12:59:13 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N6BM
Operator(s): N6BM
Station: N6BM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Pleasanton

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N6BM
Operator(s): N6BM
Station: N6BM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EB

Band    QSOs    Pts  Sec
         3.5      17      34    1
           7     127     254   33
          14      75     150   17
          21      53     106   21
       Total     272     544   72

            Score : 39,168

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first time working this contest and I kept my BIC for the full 24
hours to get as high a score as I could.  I had no problems with my antennas or
radio.  I got a Friday night off air repoort from Chris and the guys and they
said my audio quality was good.  My Yaesu has an internal recorder for 5 20
second messages so I didn't have to record any .WAV files, but never used them
opting to S&P.  I found a big problem with having N1MM repeatedly crash in the
middle of an exchange requiring a CTL-ALT-DEL to exit and re-start it again.
This had to of happened at least 50X during the contest.  I'm sure RF was
getting into my computer and I'll look to fix that this week.  I resorted to
taking all of the exchanges on paper so I could enter them at the end of each
QSO.  This really slowed down my rate but better than it crashing during a QSO
and having to call the guy back to finish the exchange.  I worked 52/60 mults
and enjoyed working a QSO with a young boy and his dad.  I really enjoyed the
Sunday 1:00 PM gathering on 40 to work each other to build our scores and get
that "KB" from the guys.  I got a comment during one of my Q's back in PVRC
Land "GEE THERE's A LOT OF 'EB's"!  They took notice of our KB attitude guys
and I'm sure we'll win back the gavel.
Thanks for your all of your advice, support and all those extra Q's

Bill  N6BM