[3830] SS SSB W1KQ Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 22 15:46:39 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W1KQ
Operator(s): W1KQ
Station: W1KQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 16:21

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Over 90% S&P.

The closest I had ever gotten to a sweep was in 1992 when, as WK1V, I had
worked all but the closest section next to my NM home section then...WTX...only
90 miles away...advance to present.

I only had four sections to go by 18:30Z on Sunday when I worked Santa Barbara
on 15m and then 25 minutes later heard KL7RA calling CQ SS...1475 watts into a
Cushcraft X-9 pointed that way took care of that contact.  Finished searching
sections I had not worked on 15m so dropped to 20m and searched that band. 37
minutes and 0 contacts later at the very low edge of the out of bounds I found
VO1KVT...and worked him....79th section.  I could taste sweep.  Jumped back up
to 15m and 8 minutes later found and pounced on VE8EV at 21.315 for NWT and my
80th section worked!!!! SUH-WEEP!  SUH-WEET!! >> not necessarily in that order
of course.  I want to taste coffee in that mug.