[3830] SS SSB K6AAX Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Nov 24 10:14:39 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6AAX
Operator(s): K6AAX
Station: K6AAX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EB
Operating Time (hrs): 12:26

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I originally was not going to submit a score, because I had a business
obligation that would keep me out for a lot of this contest.  :-(  So, when I
got on later the 1st night, I intially decided to mess around on 160m and make
some Qs.  160M is my favorite band.  I knew that most competitive operators
would not even check 160m, but some actually did-to my surprise.  After making
some good Qs, the competitor side of me just could not resist trying to make
"THE SWEEP".  So, I reluctantly checked some of the other bands.

Speaking of "The Sweep", we rolled along nicely.  I knew section NL would be a
challenge, maybe VT, CT or something similar.  Not in a million years did I
think that Utah would be my last section for "The Sweep".  I actually had to
jump down to 40m and call for Utah only.  After more than a few minutes, NG7M
finally gave me the nod.  Thank you, NG7M!

Next year, I will manage my business calendar better.  Had a lot of fun!

K6AAX
Patrick Briggs

GO NCCC!!!!!!!