[3830] SS SSB W4AAA(KK9A) Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Nov 25 20:15:56 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W4AAA
Operator(s): KK9A
Station: KK9A

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: North Carolina

Conditions seemed good on 15m, but I spent very little time there and more on
20m which seemed to produce better rates.  Several days prior to the contest, I
installed a new phasing system for my 40m yagis and I really enjoyed testing it
out during the contest.  Unfortunately, the high angle BOP function was not as
useful as I had hoped, but BIP played well.  80m was reasonably quiet except my
Southwest antenna had some QRN, probably from an electric fence.  As expected,
the majority of my contacts were made on 80m.   I worked my last multiplier for
the sweep on Sunday morning which is always exciting.  Congratulations to the 18
stations that I worked who were licensed in 2010, they did a great job with the
difficult contest exchange.  I would like to thank everyone for the QSOs.
Please QSL via WD9DZV.

73,
John KK9A - W4AAA