[3830] CQWW CW VE6WQ(@VE6JY) SOSB/80 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Nov 27 18:55:28 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE6WQ
Operator(s): VE6WQ
Station: VE6JY

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH:

   80:  515    26       85

During the Friday evening hours we had some of the best 80m conditions ever
experienced here in northern Alberta with excellent signals from Africa and
Europe. With 85 countries the first night it looked like this was going to be a
memorable contest. However on Saturday morning conditions to JA and SE Asia were
very poor with no long path to Europe or any grayline signals. We knew something
was amiss. Then the K index moved up reaching 5 on Saturday afternoon and we
knew the band would be dead. All we could hear Saturday evening with a few east
coast stations. No Africa no Europe and no South America. So I decided to pack
it in and head home. So we went from some of the very best conditions to some
of the very worst in 24 hours.

As always Don was a great host and we can look forward to the Spring contests