[3830] CQWW CW N2RJ SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 28 16:24:59 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N2RJ
Operator(s): N2RJ
Station: N2RJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NNJ

  160:    2     2        1
   80:  120    14       43
   40:  556    20       80
   20:  446    20       82
   15:  393    17       70
   10:   13     4        8

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

1500+ Q's but only 1.6M points. I need to work on strategy instead of just brute
force.

40 meters was nice, open all night Friday-Saturday.  Nice to see 15 and 10 open
as well! I think I even heard Europe on 10.

I got scared thinking one of my neighbors bought one of the cheap plasma TVs on
black Friday.  I had a nasty line noise issue that I had to track down on
Saturday morning. Went crazy for about half an hour unplugging stuff.  Was it
the baby monitor? Nope. AT&T micro cell site? Nope.  Bird cage warmer? Wood
stove blower fan? Cat fountain? cell phone charger? Nope.  Turned out to be a
subwoofer in my living room. I knew about this piece of junk from before but
forgot to turn it off. Guess who made it? Kenwood!  Obviously not the division
that makes ham equipment!

Special thanks to KC2OYY for taking care of my 2 month old, future M/M team
(triplets) for the weekend.  I had a few hours sleep on Friday but was
exhausted from the nights before.  Having one newborn in the house is tiring,
try having three!  As a result I basically hit the wall on Saturday night.
Pepsi max kept me going for a bit but eventually I had to cave in.

I think this is my last contest for this year due to time constraints and lots
of family coming over to see the kids.

Thanks for all the Q's and see you in ARRL DX!