[3830] CQWW CW N1DC SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 28 16:25:20 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Braintree MA

  160:   14     4        4
   80:   83    10       38
   40:  135    16       53
   20:  202    19       70
   15:  165    22       75
   10:   57    10       20

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

First CQ WW since 2007. I had two goals - make 500 Q's and beat the 2007 score.
I made both by wide margins. Excellent conditions here. Nice to see 10M open up
on Sunday afternoon.  I heard more stations on 10M than I was able to work.
Africa and SA were open at the same time for about 2 hours.

It's possible to break pileups with only 100W.  I did it over and over by
calling the station above their frequency. I even beat a few super stations!

Highlights: 9L5VT on 10 with a huge pileup, ZD8O on 15 all alone, HK0GU on 10
all alone, VK1CC on 15 all alone, FO8RZ on 15 (first call), V47NT in a massive
pileup (second call), and 5H3EE on 15 (first call) in a pileup.

Station:  TenTec Omni 7 100W, 4 element tribander @ 35ft, 160/80/40M dipoles.
Computer : old HP Pavillion 500MHz running CT (still works great)

Thanks for all the QSO's.  Hope to finish 80M DXCC with this contest.

73  Rick  N1DC  Braintree, MA  (EMA)