[3830] CQWW CW K9GY SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 28 18:14:09 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: EN61fn
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:  125    26       79
   20:  133    26       83
   15:  108    18       60
   10:   42    11       25

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First time since 2006 operating from IL. Successfully beat my 2006 score.

Was trying to decide whether to operate assisted or not. Asked the XYL for her
thoughts: "You'll need all the help you can get." So that was that...assisted
it will be! Fun to grab the spots but somewhat missed tuning the bands.
Definitely easier and quicker to use assisted.

Woke up at 12z before the contest start to terrible QRN that was around during
Sweepstakes CW but seemed to go away recently...it's back...UGH...especially on
40m and some on 20m. Then the geomagnetic storm didn't help either. Using a
vertical antenna and 100 watts from the midwest portion of USA isn't the
premier spot, hah! I had hopes of operating from Guyana but found myself
unemployed so the finances weren't there...Interesting these didn't appear
active: 8R, CP, TG...(even HC8?).

Rate usually about 15/hour. Sometimes up to 18 to 22/hr.
That's better than watching paint dry or golf on TV.
Although it's frequently like being pushed to the back of the line, hah!

Completely missed zones: 18, 22, 23, 24, 26, 28, 29, 34, 38, 39 :-(

My XYL says I need to go somewhere besides the home QTH for this contest next
year... I agree 100%....now to decide where...and save some money for it too!

Best of health to all,
Eric K9GY