[3830] CQWW CW K5WA SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 28 19:13:37 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Texas

  160:  126    19       52
   80:  275    21       72
   40:  482    29       85
   20:  620    30       96
   15:  459    28       92
   10:   39    12       24

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were very good from South Texas.  Wish I could have stayed awake to
enjoy them more but 39 hours is my limit.  I was finally able to give the 80M 4
square a good work out and it played like a champ. The 3L NE 40M quad @ 110' was
very nice into EU and I'll soon have the 4L KLM 40 @ 160' turning again, but it
was stuck NW (due to a lightning strike) which which wasn't bad for JA runs.
The 160 2L phased array really worked well.  Amazing what some wires hanging
off the tower can do.  I'm probably pretty light on mults as well as Qs from a
competitive standpoint but I just couldn't seem to get an SO2R rhythm going to
maximize each band. I didn't even try and run until the second day but had some
good EU and JA runs every once and a while.  Sure seems like JA is back in full
force!  I'm sure my final score will drop by my normal 10% but I still had fun
setting a personal best.  Thanks for the Qs!

Bob K5WA