[3830] CQWW CW VE4EAR SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 28 19:22:25 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    6     4        2
   40:   63    19       49
   20:  106    30       88
   15:   97    28       74
   10:   44    16       35

Real part time effort for me. Spent the weekend looking for DX via the cluster
and working as many zones and countries as I could.

15 and 20 seemed pretty typical from here, neither great but neither horrible.
40m was very poor both evenings with Europe next to invisible. From here as
long as the path was at an azimuth of 60 degrees or more, conditions were OK.
Africa, SouthAmerica and South Pacific were typical. Anything that came close
to passing through the Aurora was badly distorted and attenuated.

I have a new noise on 80 and 160m that wiped out both bands this weekend. No
idea what it is but S9+20 electrical pusles wiped everything but the strongest
signals out.

10m was a surprise. In addition to the usual North/South paths, this time I saw
Several African and South Pacific stations. The Zone 8 and 9 stations were also
plentiful.

Thanks to all those that ventured near and far to active the DXpedition
stations for the contest.

73
Ed