[3830] CQWW CW KL8DX SOSB/10 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 28 22:45:58 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KL8DX
Operator(s): KL8DX
Station: KL8DX

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Alaska

   80:    2     2        2
   40:   20     5        4
   20:  698    17       48
   15:  103    10       10
   10:  128     9       11

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Wow, was that a ride or what? I have been primarily off the air for
the last three months or so and just got my beam back up where it's
supposed to be after repairing it (nearly got beat out by the WX).

Went to QSY to 10 meters in an attempt to work K3LR, but I could not
hear them. Oddly enough, I saw some activity on the band and Saturday
was the highlight for me. Working as much as I did on ten meters was
the ultimate highlight for me. I love this contest but to bang out 128
contacts on 10 meters was AWESOME! Not a lot by lower 48 standards I'm
sure, but I'm tickled to get some new countries and states on that band.
Prior to this contest, I had 19 states on 10, so once my LOTW upload
completes, hopefully that number will increase. I worked only a handful
on Sunday but the openings were very brief and were few and far between.

It was great to be back on the air and also to encounter so many familiar
callsigns and friends. This was a part time effort for me due to holiday
weekend commitments and getting the station back together (still can only
run low power on 15 meters).

Congrats to the other Alaska stations as I see some great scores posted.
Getting cold and dark up here so it's easy to spend hours behind the rig,
unlike summer.

Thanks for all the contacts and sorry to those I missed. Still trying to
work on my CW speed and learning to manage more than a few calling at one
time.

73,
Phil KL8DX
Denali National Park, Alaska