[3830] CQWW CW K3STX SOSB(A)/80 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 29 05:57:25 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: SOSB(A)/80 HP
QTH:

   80:  268    20       83

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had lots of fun in my late night excursions of 80. I thought conditions were
great both nights, but the second night seemed to have REALLY loud signals. I
run a puny 400 watt amp, and it really sticks out on 80 who has a good RX
antenna and who does not. Some guys who were ESP could pick out my call first
time (all the Russian guys!), while other guys pinning my S-meter needed
multiple repeats. Goes to show you what good RX antennas can do.

Thanks for all the Qs and big thanks to all the guys who went on
DXpeditions/Club activities for Multi-ops. It makes for a really fun weekend on
the radio. Now on to ARRL 160!

paul
TS-850S, Ameritron AL-811, N1MM logger
80 M vertical TX antenna; 40 meter long Beverage to Europe