[3830] CQWW CW A45XR(SP5EXA) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 29 06:12:43 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: A45XR
Operator(s): SP5EXA
Station: A45XR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Muscat, OMAN

  160:   98    12       44
   80:  318    20       59
   40: 1316    31      109
   20: 1359    33      102
   15: 1113    30      102
   10:  416    24       55

Happy to be back!

Was QRT since January 2009 - lost antennas in the storm, moved to the new house
and had to start everything from zero...

Finished antenna jobs on Friday and then had to set up radios just before the
contest. Almost resigned when realized that local AM broadcasting station kills
low bands in my K3 radio. Yes, I had my old Low Pass Filter, but could not
connect it easily in RX path. In panic found some extra vacum relay and
soldered quick interface...

Did not test the equipment properly and later in the contest discovered that my
old PTT interface does not work properly and cuts first 'dit' in my call sign
when CW speed is less than 32 WPM!

Very sorry to all who worked T45XR instead of A45XR!

Anyway, tired but happy that I'am back in 'normal' HAM life

Was missing it a lot

73! to all

Chris A45XR