[3830] CQWW CW PY3DX(@ZW5B) SOSB/20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 29 07:00:24 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PY3DX
Operator(s): PY3DX
Station: ZW5B

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Operating Time (hrs): 36h25m

   20: 2219    38      121

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

First of all, I'd like to thank Mr. Oms PY5EG for giving me such a nice
opportunity to work from his very well-known and wonderful contest station
ZW5B. Also thanks to all those fellow hams PY5CA, PY5CC, PY5KD and PY5IP for
the excellent support  and all necessary  encourage to staying awake as long as
I could. The station has recently passed for a reengineering process of
maintenance on the antenna farm leaded by PY3VK that has made a great job. The
20m band was a real challenge at this time of the sunspot cycle. From the
southern South America the band seems to be opened from 1300z until 0500z next
day. In the gap time I use to take some naps and call cq instead but, this was
just wasting time. I had a lot of fun in this contest and I'm counting down the
days for the next issue. Unfortunately the final score wasn't so much to beat
the zone 11 record, but I did my best effort in spite of this nowadays slightly
 growing
propagation. The Brazilian Araucaria DX Group stations were the cream in the
spot and those guys are going to figure on the top of the list. Stations like
PT5T, PW2D, PW7T, ZX5J, ZY6Z, PP1CZ, PY2NY, PY1NB and PS2T as long as many
others from the southerlands were just great and they did a fantastic job!
Being called by ZL7NV, ZD8O, ZB2X, VK6HD, SU9SK, ZK2A, ZL8X was a dream that
came true. Thanks guys! Finaly I would deeply thank to everyone in the log and
for those hams that I couldn't copy because of the prop or my assumed
limitation skills. See you all in the next WW season. Paul PY3DX.