[3830] CQWW CW N6ML(@K6LRG) SOSB(A)/80 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 29 07:56:58 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N6ML
Operator(s): N6ML
Station: K6LRG

Class: SOSB(A)/80 HP
QTH: Livermore, CA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  368    30       96

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

K3, Alpha 86, $15 inverted-L ... on a 1900ft hill

Primary objective was to work on 80m DXCC. Managed 30 new ones, as well as
hopefully some LotW users from unconfirmed ones. N6WM custom inverted-L worked
well, especially considering that more of it is horizontal than vertical -
getting the corner up a bit higher is on the to-do list.

Decent opening to EU on the first night - Qs were not always easy, but
possible. Not so good the second night. Didn't stay for the second night of JAs
(136 worked the first night) - as I was about to throw the switch at around
0640Z, ZM4T finally showed up to represent ZL, which had been notably absent.

"Countries" worked on 80m:

AF: 9L, C5, CN, CT3, EA8, EA9, IG9, ZD8
AS: 5B, 9M2, BY, HL, HS, JA, UA9
EU: 4O, 9A, EA, EI, ES, F, G, GD, GM, GM/s (GZ), GW, HA, HB, I, IT9, LA, LX,
LY, LZ, OE, OH, OH0, OK, OM, PA, S5, SM, SP, T7, UA, UA2, UR, YL, YU, Z3
NA: 8P, C6, CM, FJ, FM, HI, J3, K, KL, KP2, KP4, PJ5, TI, V2, V4, VE, VP2E,
VP2M, VP5, VP9, XE, YN, ZF
OC: 9M6, FO, KH0, KH2, KH6, VK, YB, ZK2, ZL, ZL8
SA: HC, HK, LU, P4, PJ2, PJ4, PY, PZ

Also played a bit on the other bands, and picked up 8Q on 20m for a new entity,
and a pair of 4L's on 40m for my last CQ zone on that band.

Next stop, ARRL 160 (N6ML @N6RO)...