[3830] CQWW CW OH4A(OH6KZP) SOSB/160 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 29 08:23:57 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OH4A
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH4A

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: Kisko

  160: 1278    23       83
Total: 1278    23       83  Total Score = 182,850

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

I was practically dead by Friday afternoon after seven days of non-stop work and
travel abroad and domestically from morning til evening, so a serious SOAB SO2R
effort was not feasible. CQWW CW is the king of them all in my book, though, so
participation was a must. Went for the 160m OH record.

Conditions during the first night were nice, but it appeared to be downhill
from there. Greyline openings seemed all but absent on both mornings, and I
really struggled with some "normal" multipliers. Nonetheless I managed to work
some nice DX, getting people like C5A, HI3A, and Z24EA to answer my CQ. S&P
gems included HD2M and VQ9LA. The 160m slopers seem to be working.

A lot of weekend work the past autumn has been done @OH4A to change/move
cabling and equipment to a new hamshack. This was the first entry from the new
shack, and compared to the old one it is luxury! Didn't even have to wear
woolen stockings although it was -15C outside :) Station automation
improvements are currently in the pipeline, so we should be tougher than ever
by next year.

Thanks to all for the QSOs and thanks to Jukka OH6LI and Merja for lending me
the summer cottage for another weekend.

73
Kim OH6KZP