[3830] CQWW CW VE3OI SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 29 09:31:26 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3OI
Operator(s): VE3OI
Station: VE3OI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Rockwood Ontario

  160:  240    15       42
   80:  659    15       59
   40:  533    22       80
   20:  823    28       78
   15:  565    24       75
   10:   88    17       27

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

This is the first SOAB CQWW I have done from my home station since 2000.  I hope
to not wait another decade for the next one!  No complaints about the
propogation this weekend. All bands seem to have their great hours.

I have never heard 80m as good as it was for this contest.  At the best points,
EU signals were overpowering fairly local US big guns. I guess 160m was pretty
amazing too, but I concentrated more on 80 since my 80 m antenna performs
better than my 160.

Unfortunately, gone are the days when a "decent effort" meant 44 hours in the
chair.  But, with the increased contest activity thes days, the scores are
better now than then.

Thanks to all for the much appreciated QSOs.

Station:

K3 + AL-82

160m delta loop
80m delta loop