[3830] CQWW CW LX7I(@LX2A) M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 30 01:36:05 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LX7I
Operator(s): DF1LON, DF3VM,DF4PD, DF9TS, DL3BPC, DL7CS, HB9CVQ, LX2A
Station: LX2A

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:

  160:  656    19       78
   80: 1795    33      120
   40: 2310    38      145
   20: 2330    39      146
   15: 1591    37      146
   10:  289    24       89

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

After not being able to take part in the CQWWSSB this year due to an accident,
my main goal was to have the new setup ready for this contest.
We worked very hard on the setup and only 7 minutes before we were ready.
Our new Antenna-Switching system was never tested before but worked great and
gave us the possibility to change between up to 3 antennas on each band on each
of the 3 operating positions. Already before the contest we noticed that the 40M
and 80M Beams were too close and could not realy use them. This will be solved
next year.

During the contest one of our K3s had some problems and we had also a power
failure.
The team realy did a nice job and we made our best result in this M/2 category.

I am still surprised by the result and the high number of countries on each
band.

This year we were not able to put up all antennas. For next year some more
antennawork is planned to be able to fully use the 4el 40M and also the 2el on
80M.

thanks for all the QSOs,
cu in the next contests

73s de Philippe LX2A / LX7I

Run1 and Run 2: K3 + OM-Power
Antennas:
10M: 5/5/5 and 5el
15M: 5el and 4el
20M: 5el and 4el and 3el
40M: 2el and 4el(with high SWR) and GP
80M: 4-Square and 2el (with high SWR) and Loop
160M: Dipol and inverted L