[3830] CQWW CW DP4T(@DJ4PT) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 30 01:59:49 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: DP4T
Operator(s): DJ4PT, DJ4AX, DJ1YFK, DK4TP, DK3DM
Station: DJ4PT

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Radio Hesselteich

  160:  229    16       75
   80: 1353    31      113
   40: 1570    38      139
   20: 1193    38      128
   15: 1099    35      143
   10:   75    22       74

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Dear Contest friends !

It is CQWW-CW and we had the pleasure to put out the so called "lovely Quad
Sound" of the DJ4PT station again this year.
Many thanks to Klaus, DJ4PT for giving us the pleasure to operate from his
great station again this year !
Klaus always put in a lot of work and time to get the station ready before the
contest and the hole year to keep his great Quad antennas in good order.
Especialy to errect 9 beverage antennas is a lot of hard work.
Also we want to say BIG THANK YOU to Helga, the XYL of DJ4PT for keeping up
with us crazy contesters the hole weekend and keep us so well feed with drinks
and meals all the time. We always feel very welcomed !
Also the other Klaus, DJ4AX of our Team did put in a lot of time and work to
get the stations and PC network ready for the contest.
Herbert, DK4TP was the man, who climbed up the tower of the 80m Quad to
assemble the coil, so we could use the Quad in the CW part of the band. Many
thanks to DJ4AX and DK4TP for doing that work done.
We had the pleasure to have Fabian, DJ1YFK (the actual RUFZ HST champion) in
our team.
Sure it was nice to watch, how fast he could type in those calls into the log
:-)
First hour he did a faboulus job of nearly 200 ! Qs in that first hour on 40m.
Thanks to him for the long trip he did from Munich to the DJ4PT station to
operate with us.
The contest it self went unexpected well with no technical problems and nice
condx on all bands except 10m.
We made operating shifts of 4 hours and that worked out vy good for us.
DJ4PT,DJ4AX and DK4TP did all the operating at the MULT station, while DJ1YFK
and DK3DM exclusively did the operating at the RUN station. The teamspirit was
high as always !
We set our QSO goal to 5000 Qs before the contest and we are vy happy that we
could overcome this goal to 5519 Qs and a new DL-Record in M/S class. So we are
vy happy with our result. Of cause there are always things which could be done
better, but that is what keeps us motivated....... to do even better the next
time !!
Many thanks to all who worked us in the contest and sorry to those we could
not pull out. We hope everyone had as much fun as we had !
Sure we will see some big scores and new records this year.

Equipment used:

RUN-STN: IC 7800 + HM AMP
MULT-STN: FT 2000D + Acom 2000A

Antennas at run station:

80m : 3ele Quad on tower #1
40m : 5ele Quad on tower #1
20m : 2x 6 ele Quad on tower #2
15m : 2x 7 ele Quad on tower #2
10m : 2x 7 ele Quad on tower #2

Antennas at mult station:

80m : Vertical with elevated radials
40m : Delta loop
20,15,10m : Optibeam 16-3 on tower #3
160 m: Vertical with a lot of ground radials and elevated radials

To see some pictures of the antennas and the man (Mr.Quad antenna)
behind this nice station click here:

http://www.qsl.net/dj7ik/dj4pt.htm

73 to all de DP4T Contest Crew 2010

for the team Heiko,3DM