[3830] CQWW CW GZ7V(GM3WOJ) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 30 13:28:24 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: GZ7V
Operator(s): GM3WOJ
Station: GZ7V

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Braewick, Shetland

  160:  419    13       58
   80:  907    24       80
   40:  678    23       73
   20:  846    25       75
   15:  696    21       78
   10:   58     8       27

Club: North of Scotland CG

Comments:

Great contest - and the weather made this a great adventure too !

As a rare mult it is difficult to strike a balance between running and looking
for mults. I lost time due to snow static on Saturday - the bands were poor on
Sunday morning but picked up as time passed.

Highlights - working ZL8X on 80m and being called by many mults during the
whole 48 hours. Thanks everyone for the QSOs.

Low points - the GZ7V callsign is not good on CW - the good operators copied it
first time, but quite a few stations gave up trying to copy me and lost a mult
as a result. Dah dah dit, dah dah dit dit, dah dah dit dit dit should be in
every pileup competition !

Please have a look at
www.qsl.net/gm3woj/gz7v2010.htm
for photos and a more detailed write-up of this contest DXpedition.

73
Chris
GM3WOJ