[3830] CQWW CW ON4WW(OM3TZZ) SOSB(A)/160 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 30 14:00:34 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ON4WW
Operator(s): OM3TZZ
Station: ON4WW

Class: SOSB(A)/160 HP
QTH: Gent

  160: 1432    21       89
Total: 1432    21       89  Total Score = 221,320

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Conditions so so. ZL8X appeared the last evening, nothing heard. Monday evening
they were LOUD on topband.

Sending a '?' is not a substitute for asking 'QRL?'. Maybe K1AR can take this
up in one of his next columns (if he hasn't already done so) in CQ Magazine.

Only had 2 hickups (with a DR5 and a UA2F) where they fired up right next to
our frequency, with wide signals, without asking 'QRL?'. We can as well close
down the station and call it a night, topband is about weak signals and not
about listening to your neighbor's clicks and overload. Should we QSY in such a
case? Nah.
Here is a soundclip of the CQWW in 2005, when it was impossible to copy any
weak signals due to keyclicks to the left, and what I think is cross-modulation
to the right of our frequency: http://www.on4ww.be/on4ww/cqwwcw05_ok1_s5.wav
Overall, operating courtesy seems to have improved. Most people QSY'd
immediately when asked. Way to go.