[3830] CaQP AA8IA SOFixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 3 15:20:13 PDT 2010

                    California QSO Party

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: Toronto OH

  160:    0      0
   80:   36
   40:   75      1
   20:  108     54
   15:   59     67
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Wow, what a great contest.   15m was great to CA both days.  20m of course was
packed.   Even managed a significant number [for me] of SSB contacts.
Couldn't manage to tune 40m SSB Saturday night, although 40m CW was no problem.
  Weather was rainy all weekend here, but no thunderstorms and it wasn't overly
noisy.

Managed to work 56 of the counties, missing KISK and GLEN.   Worked a few
stations on 4 bands.

I put more time into it than that I originally thought I would, but the allure
of all of the CQs from the hoards of CA stations got me.

Thanks to the NCCC for sponsoring this great event, and most of all thanks to
all of the CA stations that made themselves available all weekend to be worked.
  There were some CA stations with insane QSO counts!  I had an awesome time
working this contest.   Worked W6YX seven times, N6C and K6L six times, and
many stations five times.   It was great to have such a reliable path to CA on
15m, my favorite band.

I don't know if I should have spent more time on 40m CW or not.   I know there
were contacts left to be made there, but I figured 15/20m was best while the
opportunity was there.

FT-950/80m V/100w