[3830] CaQP VE1RGB SOFixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 3 16:17:08 PDT 2010

                    California QSO Party

Call: VE1RGB
Operator(s): VE1RGB
Station: VE1RGB

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH:

--------------------
Total:  181     0  Mults = 45  Total Score = 24,165

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Very poor showing here compared with the norm but, with my best wire still in
the trees from a hurricane, I'm waiting for the leaves to fall to find it and
get it back.   I had to work NA with the null off the back of the 160M all-band
delta loop which is fed at a corner such that it radiates towards EU.  This
hardly ever happens to me but a DL with a special call stopped his run to tell
me that my signal was loud when I worked him just because.  I guess the loop
does work.

I made numerous tries to work KE2RGB, for obvious reason, alas to no avail.

The mobiles were missed this year, or maybe I just couldn't hear 'em.  A single
Q (and a mult) K6AQL

Today was not productive.  Nine hours of listening and only a dozen or so Qs
and 1 mult to show for it.  There is a fine line between dedication and
stupidity.

Rig:  K3 + P3; 160M delta loop + ladder line; 40M vertical