[3830] Oceania SSB VK4LDX SOSB/15 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 4 16:01:29 PDT 2010

                    Oceania DX Contest, Phone

Call: VK4LDX
Operator(s): VK4LDX
Station: VK4LDX

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: Townsville QLD

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:    8     7
   20:   12    12
   15:  347   175
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  347   175  Total Score = 121,450

I only did a single band effort, after CQWW RTTY the weekend before I was a
sleep deprived wreck for work last week, even though I had the Monday off.

It kicked off with a great start to Europe and JA at 0800 UTC but then the door
seemed to slam shut and nothing happened after 1030 UTC here, oh well, it was
fun while it lasted. I thought I’d poke my nose in on 40m to work a little
stateside but the over the horizon radar noise was S9+lots dB from 7125-7200,
so I figured sleep was a good option.

The next morning I was able to run, but it was mainly into JA and nowhere near
as many USA stations that I had hoped. Above 21300 kHz was California QSO party
action and I knew I’d get swamped. During the day there was plenty of Asia to
run with and from 0530 UTC, half of the stations coming back to my CQs were
from Europe, so that certainly helped with the multipliers.