[3830] CaQP N6DW M/SFixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 4 18:08:12 PDT 2010

                    California QSO Party

Call: N6DW
Operator(s): N6DW
Station: N6DW

Class: M/SFixed HP
QTH: PLACER

  160:
   80:   26     35
   40:   25     18
   20:   25     41
   15:    3     10
--------------------
Total:   79    104  Mults = 40  Total Score = 17,800

Club: Mother Lode DX & Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Murphy, I feel like a ran a marathon.  Although I only operated 13
hours, I was working radio for most of 24.  I put up a longwire for the contest
in addition to my verticals, hoping for a little stouter signal and less noise.
I improved the ground to my shack and added a counterpoise.  There was still rf
getting into my computer, so I moved the affected devices, re-ran the cables
and added more ferrite clamps, finishing just in time to start the contest.
Then I spent the contest recovering from computer hangups and crashes -
averaging about 5-7 QSOs per crash, often necessitating a full reboot.  I have
finally decided that the usb-serial cable is the culprit, but I can't get to it
without pullling everything out and starting over with the cables.  I have
decided to pull the longwire down and try something else - like a dipole.