[3830] Oceania CW FO8RZ SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 10 01:54:39 PDT 2010

                    Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: FO8RZ
Operator(s): FO8RZ
Station: FO8RZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Tahiti

  160:    6     6
   80:   80    53
   40:   10     8
   10:   10     5
-------------------
Total:  284   189  Total Score = 247,779

Had fun but not a lot of free time to do this contest.
IMPORTANT: our band plan on 160 starts at 1830Khz. We cannot go below 1830Khz.
If you want to have FO on 160 you have to listen up than 1830. I heard many
stations below 1830Khz but it was impossible to QSO them. I usually transmit on
1831.5 and listen around 1823.

80 was good and it was a good way to test antenna for this band with amplifier.
I hope it will work great for CQ WW DX CW.
Did not have such time to work on 40 and 20.
15 was good to USA-JA-OC but nothing to EU, and few openings on 10.

Tnx to all who called me.

See you soon.

Congrats to NH2T for his beautiful trafic and score.

73 de FO8RZ Phil

FT990
wintest
ALPHA 76A 500 watts + lagoon at 300 meters from here, it is a very nice
amplifier .... !
160/80: inverted L
40 : inverted V up 12 meters
20-15-10 :  5 bands spiderbeam up 7 meters