[3830] Makrothen RTTY VY2LI SO/Single Xcvr HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 10 15:09:05 PDT 2010

                    Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: VY2LI
Operator(s): VY2LI
Station: VY2LI

Class: SO/Single Xcvr HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): <6

Total:  284  Total Score = 1,444,280

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Because of family committments, I knew my participation would be limited.Managed
to work the first leg of the test for close to 6 hours,before old timers caught
up to me and I had to sack out around 2:30 AM.Any contacts  logged after that
were purely of the walking through the shack variety, one of which was demoing
RTTY to VY2AD,Ralph,(my 83 YO father-in-law and original Elmer) who is no
longer active.He was pretty impressed with RTTY as opposed to his his day and
contesting in general.

I like the format of this contest which is particularly suited to older ops
like myself with the 8 on/8off concept.Longest distance was R1ANP on 40 at
9432mi for 25,084pts.Tks! Look forward to working a full test some year.Hope we
got into your log.73,Bill