[3830] Makrothen RTTY VE4EAR SO/Single Xcvr HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 10 19:51:50 PDT 2010

                    Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: SO/Single Xcvr HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  179  Total Score = 753,242

Really enjoyed this concept for a contest. However, only really spent about 4.5
hours all weekend on it as their were plenty of other things going on.

At the start Friday night conditions to Asia were already past prime at the
start of the contest. Did manage a few JA's and a run of 4 stations from Norway
over the pole. On 40m, only a couple multi op EU power house stations could be
heard. 40m was awash with auroral flutter on all signals except due south. I
was about to pull the plug when a fairly strong R1ANP called in from MC80, a
distance of 11,063 miles for a whopping 26654 points. Definitely a highlight of
the contest for me.

Saturday morning I found 15 and 20 open to EU but I only spent about an hour
when other chores called. With the temperatures at 26C degrees for October, I
could not justify staying in the chair when I could be outside doing fall
yardwork in shorts. A real treat for us Winnipegers.  So I missed the bulk of
the EU DX on 20 and 15. With Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, family
commitments were a higher priority than contesting.

See you all in 2 weeks.

Ed