[3830] AzQP K7FA Cnty Exped LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Oct 12 09:37:56 PDT 2010

                    Arizona QSO Party

Call: K7FA
Operator(s): K7FA
Station: K7FA

Class: Cnty Exped LP
QTH: AZ

   80:          26
   40:   94    180
   20:   86     52
   15:   10      6
----------------------------
Total:  190    264      0  Mults = 44  Total Score = 19,976

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: K3
Ant: Inverted VEE at 48-feet
Sfw: N1MM-Logger, V10.8.1
First AZ County Expedition for me and my XYL.
Easy ride in 4X4 vehicle. Not so easy in 32-foot motorhome plus trailer.
Set-up Friday afternoon on county line; but at sunset was advised no overnight
camping.
Broke camp and drove additional five hours in dark to new location (very
remote) on county line.
At daybreak (Saturday) began set-up (again) of portable Inverted VEE with apex
at 48 feet.
Convoy of 4x4 Off-Road Members enroute to Prescott, together with a series of
other 4x4
vehicles carrying deer hunters greatly delayed placement of one leg of the
Inverted VEE across the jeep trail.
Began contest nearly 5-hours late (2041Z) on 20-m SSB, but a barefoot K3 and
make-shift antenna were no match for the many well-equipped PA Party SSB
participants. Plenty of room (good news) on the 20-m CW band for me. I began a
20-m CW run with first contact by fellow AZ Outlaw, Bud - N7CW. The bad news
was that not many CW operators were interested in the AZQP. Perhaps some CW
Operators were confused and did not respond. So (with some success), I began
alternating between a simple CQ and the more-lengthy Two-County CQ:
CQ AZ AZ DE K7FA/AZMHV/AZLPZ

LOGGING/EXCHANGE: Because the AZQP and PAQP both occur on the same weekend,
 it appears helpful to have AZ in your CW exchange. Also, an N1MM-Logger
function key was set to issue a number (NR #) to reciprocate with PA. Although
QSO numbers may not be sequential,
I did not care because I plan to submit a Check Log to PAQP. Last year during
the concurrent AZQP & PAQP, I used two computers to make separate logging
entries for the two respective contests.

Our return trip to our home QTH from the country line was un-eventful, except
that a truck with cattle-trailer blocked our exit on the jeep trail for hours
(so we arrived home late Monday).

Thanks for the fun! 73, Tom