[3830] IlQP K9IUA Rover QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 18 19:21:11 PDT 2010

                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: K9IUA
Operator(s): K9IUA
Station: K9IUA

Class: Rover QRP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:     40
   20:     60
------------------------
Total:    100       0  Mults = 42  Total Score = 8,400

Operated stationary mobile (rover) from six stops in five counties -- WBGO, STEP
(twice due to route, 20 m the first time, 40 m the second time), OGLE, CARR, and
JODA).  All QRP to mobile Hamstick antennas, which is a fun challenge to say the
least.  Thought I had done really terrible (which in the big picture I did
compared to most operators in this QSO Party), but looking at the log today
shows I nearly doubled last year's score (which had nearly doubled the year
before that).  Twenty meters was definitely the money band for me, although 40
meters (my lowest band possible) certainly was good.  Had trouble on 40 meters
both with the tuner giving me trouble on that band at two of my stops, which
lost me lots of time on that band, and generally having trouble holding a
frequency later in my operation when things got really crowded.  And had keyer
problems for part of the contest as well, which didn't help.  Thanks to all who
worked me.