[3830] TBDC NG7Z Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 24 08:42:15 PDT 2010

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: NG7Z
Operator(s): NG7Z
Station: NG7Z

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WA

Total:  QSOs = 50  Total Score = 132

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

The QRN here was pretty bad. I have a small RX loop that favors the east. Didn't
hook up the rotator to favor south. That's where most of the stations I worked
were from. (I know, I ended the sentence with a preposition) I live near a dual
run of HV lines and the corona noise from the rain is pretty intense and it was
raining cats and dogs. Did most of my operating Saturday evening and worked
everyone I could hear. CQ'd a few times but relented because I could hear, but
not decifer, some ops calling. I was being heard but couldn't hear. Not good.
There must be some way to get around the QRN here. Anyway, will hopefully get a
dry day when the real SP gets going in December.
73 CUL Paul NG7Z